Friday, July 15, 2011

Do Drink the Water

   I just looked at the local temperature on my WeatherBug at it said that it's 107 F, but feels like 109 F.
   Really?  At this point, what it feels like is HOT!
   It's always a good idea to stay hydrated, especially when the heat of summer sets in.  Here are a few tips for keeping hydrated:


  • Drink before you are thirsty.  If you feel parched, you are most likely already dehydrated.  
  • Eat your water.  Fruits, especially watermelons, are loaded with water, and delicious, too.
  • Keep a water bottle with you.  I carry extra bottles of water in my car, in case I'm stuck somewhere (in traffic, for example) and it looks like a long wait.
  • Add flavoring to water.  I like to start the day adding lemon juice to ice cold water.  I learned this trick from my aunt when I was little.  She's not a coffee drinker, but ice cold lemon water can be quite an eye-opener in the morning.  My kids aren't so keen on lemon juice and water, so they make lemonade during the summer and fill water bottles with it.
  • Have a glass of water before a meal.  You're digestive system will appreciate it, because it helps to make digestion more efficient.  Also, if you're like me and prone to overeating from time to time, the extra water will help you start to feel full sooner.


Our bodies are around 70% water.  Keeping it that way helps to keep us healthy, so drink that water.  Especially during these hot summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment