Friday, July 29, 2011

Delayed Gratification

   I'm getting ever closer to earning a new Kindle by accumulating Swagbucks!  I've made Swagbucks,com my default search spot, and I can earn swagbucks as I search for things on the Internet.  These swagbucks can be spent in the Swagbucks Store.  For every 450 I get, I can purchase an Amazon.com gift card worth $5.  It's not much I know, but my Amazon gift card account now has over $80 and continues to climb.
   I'm saving up for a Kindle.  There are other ereaders out there that have more bell and whistles, but if I'm going to read, I want something that has limited distractions.  And as I get closer to my goal, I might change my mind about what I want. 
   Delayed gratification can be a good thing.  Although I love the bleeding edge of technology, I can't just go out and buy every cool shiny thing that catches my eye.  So I've learned to be patient.  And my patience will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment