Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bees Don't Play Croquet Nicely

   When I was a kid, we would set up our croquet set in the back yard during the summer and while away the time playing croquet.  The problem back then was when the clover flowers blossomed the honeybees came to visit.
   Usually, we were careful.  After a bee sting on the bottom of the foot one summer, it became common practice to wear flip-flops (until a bee sting on the side of the foot) and then sneakers.  Once, though, I guess I must have thought that bees only go after feet.  Either that, or I was just plain cocky because I knew I wouldn't get stung again.
   I'd watched a golf tournament recently, and decided I'd line up my shot like a golfer.  I got down into a crouch and then leaned over to the side, trying to eyeball the perfect shot.  I put my hand down to steady myself and - ZING!
   Bees sting hands, too.  And they don't share the croquet field very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment