Monday, June 20, 2011

Windy Enough For Ya?

   It's a bit breezy today.  Living in Oklahoma, that's pretty much the norm.  Some days are windier than others, and I think yesterday was one of those days.
   I went to my sister's house yesterday for a little family get-together.  They have a little pool in their back yard (which felt good, especially when the temperatures hit the triple digits), and my brother-in-law was grilling burgers and hot dogs.
   It was sunny and hot, so my sister decided to the patio umbrella up in her patio table.  We got the umbrella in the base and she started turning the crank to get the umbrella open.  It was also pretty windy with some big gusts.  One gust caught the umbrella and lifted it up out of the base.  My sister still had a hold of the umbrella and was lifted off the ground a foot or so.  Kenny, my brother-in-law, and I grabbed her and the umbrella and kept both from being whisked away.
   I laughed and said, "Remember that time when we were kids and you had that windbreaker on?  You opened it up and held it out and got blown back up in the air a few feet."
   We laughed about that, realizing that despite the years that had passed, some things don't change a whole lot.  Wind in Oklahoma, for one.  My goofy, fun-loving family for another.
   I kinda like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment