Sunday, June 12, 2011

What Makes You Happy?

   We're all different, and there are different things that make each of us happy.  Sometime, like right now, you should start of list of the things that make you happy.  I would suggest that you write them down in your own handwriting, and put one "happy thing" per line.
   After you've written several lines, go find some scissors.  Go ahead, I'll wait.
.
.
.
   Very good.  You found them a lot faster than I can find mine.  Anyway, cut each happy thought out so you end up with several slips of paper. 
   That's it.  You're doing an awesome job!
   Okay, now go get a jar that you can put those slips in.  Or another container.  It really doesn't matter.  I like the plastic containers ground coffee comes in.  When I finish off a container, I sometimes just rinse it out, getting out the last of the grounds but keeping the coffee fragrance in (the smell of coffee is one of my "happy things" even if I'm not drinking it).  I let it dry, of course.
   Okay, now put those slips of paper in.  And each time you feel the need, just reach in, pull out a slip of paper, and read the thought that you yourself wrote.
   Be sure to add slips as you think of more happy things.  And if you find that you need a bigger container, that's wonderful!

   I hope your "happy things" container becomes a 55 gallon barrel some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment