Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Monday

   Got any big plans for today?  I remember as a kid that the Memorial Day Weekend was when we usually go the ol' grill out, scrubbed off the previous year's crud, added charcoal and had our first cookout of the summer. 
   I imagine a lot of people will be doing the same.  It seems that gas grills are more popular now, and they make for the possibility of grilling out a year-round thing.  But for me, I prefer grilling out in the late spring/summer seasons.
   It might be a bit too windy for my tastes this year.  My gas grill bit the dust, and I'm not too sure about live coals  being blown about.
   I think, however, I will take it easy.  When it comes right down to it, Memorial Day is meant to be a day of reflection.  To remember those who fought and died for the freedoms we enjoy.  Having never been in the military, I am in awe of those who fought on foreign soil, in countries with completely different languages and cultures and customs, and to do it knowing that they may not return home alive.  Many didn't. 
   Wow.  My deepest thanks to all who fought for us and sacrificed so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment