Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Want to Play Outside

   When you were a kid, do you remember those days when your mom used to say, "Go outside and play!  It's too nice to be in the house all day."?
   My mom said that a lot.  I think part of it was because my sister and I were probably driving her crazy with our siblingness, and my mom needed a beak.  Usually we did end up outside, and stayed out most of the rest of the day, except for bathroom breaks and lunch time.
   But I also remember the opposite situation.  The times when I had a cold, or the flu, or chicken pox, or some other illness that kept me indoors.  For some reason, during those times, I wanted out!  I didn't care if the weather was good or bad, I just wanted to get outside and do something.
   I think it's not so much that I wanted outside, but that I wanted to feel better.  And feeling better meant freedom to do the things I couldn't do while under the weather.  And I'm sure that if I felt better, I probably wouldn't necessarily really want to go outside.  I just wanted the choice of doing it.
   Today, I want to go outside and play or do something.  But I have a cold.  Or something.  I guess I'll stay inside.  I sometimes miss being a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment