Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not Too Shabby

My first day of teaching a new (for me) class went pretty well.  Had to improvise a bit at first because somebody had left the wireless mouse and keyboard on and the batteries ran down during the break.  However, I had a mouse in my backpack and I liberated a keyboard from one of the lab computers and I was ready to go.

Being new to the faculty (I don't even have an email address yet), I didn't know the admin password, but I found a workaround for that as well.  This is a computer repair class, after all, and as I told my students, there will probably be many times when they need to come up with ways of getting things done that don't necessarily follow "by the book" procedures.

All in all, I think things worked out fine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment