Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Like a Pig's Tail

Around 4:30 this morning, the cat decided to pester me until I opened one eye. Then he meowed at me like, "Oh hai! Did you know I'm hungry?"

"It's still dark outside, you goofball!" I said to him.

He went to the window and nudged the blinds aside to let the light from the streets and parking lot in.

He kept reminding me that he was hungry, but I wasn't going to give in.

I paced up and down my body, probably to make sure I didn't get up without him noticing. As if!

I drifted in and out of awareness, but never fell completely asleep.

Finally, at 6:30 my alarm went off. Captain Morgan knows what that means - I have to be alert enough to turn the alarm off, therefore I must be awake, and thus it was time for food!

He knows that once my feet are on the floor I'm awake (I'm pretty sure I don't sleepwalk any more) and I'm going to stay that way for awhile.

But not at 4:30.

That's too early!

Or, like a pig's tail, twirly!

No comments:

Post a Comment